Sunday, July 11, 2010

My Wolf Pack grew by....


Summer 2010 has been a great summer thus far, it is at its halfway point and I feel as though the second half is only going to improve dramatically. I have yet to get my travel on, but I am looking forward to taking off soon. But anyways, but despite having fun I realized this summer has been very important one as well, on a professional setting, social settings, and economic setting (if that makes sense haha).

First I had the chance to meet 50 people I probably would never have met otherwise when I did the new student orientation program. I earned (I don’t like the word give, nothing is given in life) the opportunity to be an Orientation Leader and really got close to a lot of peers on my campus. Not only did I increase my Wolf Pack by 50 (ha inside joke) but I am improved as a leader dramatically. I was able to learn from my peers, and improve on my public speaking skills. I also was able to learn that the administrations at my college are human too, despite what most people believe. Lol. They also learned what SMH means! Lol

I was also able to reconnect with one of my first, friends ever! We were friends as far back as I can remember. I haven’t seen or heard from him in 8 years, but who would have thought facebook actually worked in connecting people? So we were able to chop it up (shoutout to my brother for putting me on that terminology/Lingo, it means converse) about the past, and it felt like the old days. It really made me appreciate how much I grown from back then, and also show the importance of childhood. “Sometimes I wish I could be a kid again.”(J. Cole School Daze good song)

I also was able to stay in reach with one of my professors and a few of my friends who graduated already from college. They are helping a great deal with me getting a jump-start on my business plan. They are pulling together resources for me as well as reaching out to people for me. They are cutting down the time dramatically for me, and I can’t think them enough. Looks like I might have this started before I even graduate school!

So this summer has taught me a lot and it’s not even over yet! So with that said the point I am trying to make is, embrace change and network with as many people as possible. You never know who is going to be able to hook you up with that job offer you’ve been waiting for. But also make sure you stay connected with the old, you never want to forget about old friends or professional contacts as well, they are equally important. So I want to shout out all the Bentley OL’s , and most importantly Social media sites for keeping me connected! My wolf pack has grown 10 fold this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment